My Grandpa passed away early this past Thursday morning. It was time and we had been expecting the call but it still makes you sad to get it. Our last visit with him was so bittersweet. He was always a hard man but when we saw him he was so child like and sweet. It is interesting to see life come full circle. I am thankful for the knowledge that I have that he is happy where he is and reunited with all of his family who have passed before him and that someday I will see him again. He was my last living grandparent. I am also thankful to have Ian's Grandparents be such a big part of my life. I could not have asked for better grandparents.
My parents drove down to San Bernadino Friday so that my dad could visit with his brothers and attend to a few other things. They then drove down here the extra two hours to see us for the afternoon before heading back home to go back to work tomorrow. What a fun afternoon. I did not tell the boys they were coming in case things did not work out and they were out with Ian running errands when my parents arrived. Their reactions were so funny. My dad of course had to hide and jump out and scare them. Silly Grandpa. The only drawback was the visit was short. The boys were bummed when it was time to say goodbye but we are all thankful for the few hours we had. We took them to YUMMY Chick Filet for lunch and a trip up to see the San Diego Temple before we parted ways.
Typical Grandpa Nathan and Jacob. Always rough housing!
These were all taken on the Temple Grounds.
Jacob LOVES his grammy. They have a special little relationship that is so cute.
Owen was having fun with Grandpa showing him Moroni at the top of the temple blowing the horn. They were so cute together. He loves his grandpa very much and just ran right into his arms when he came. I was surprised.
The following shots were all taken by Jacob:
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Grandma and Grandpa
Posted by Sarah Heller at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like fun. Some time is better than no time! Glad they got to see you.
Post a Comment