Last night Ian, Jacob and Nathan headed out for their first ever father/son camp out. The boys had been excited all week and the three of them set off around dinner time last night to set up their tent. They stopped and got Carl's Jr for dinner. Ian said that they watched Astro Boy together with the other dads and sons. He thought it was a pretty ingenious way that they set up a screen. They were camping on a ball field so they took a vinyl sign and used bungee cord to put it up on the backstop then they used a projector to display the movie. Both and and the boys liked the movie a lot. For a different treat instead of smores they made "woof'ums". Ian and I were trying to figure out what in the world these things were and we even thought maybe it was someone's weird name for smore? But NO. It is something different, something Ian is now determined to make. From his description to me, you take a metal skewer and put a wood dowel on the end of it sort of like a stick you would roast a marshmallow on. Then you take the little grands biscuits and shape the dough around the wooden dowel and cook the dough as you would a roasted marshmallow. Once the dough is cooked you pull it off the stick and it has a hole and they filled them with apple pie filling, pudding, whipped cream, fruit etc. YUM!! I wish he had a picture of that! Anyways he is determined before we go camping again that we will have our own "woof'em" sticks!
He said the boys did great and slept good. Jacob was up way before six and so he had to try to keep him quiet but other than that a good trip. A funny for me was Ian likes to sleep with gum in his mouth. (YUCK) I have threatened him NUMEROUS times that if I EVER wake up with gum in my hair I am coming after him. So far so good. So I guess last night he fell asleep with gum in his mouth and Jacob noticed when they woke up he had gum and asked him if it was the same piece from the night before or a new piece. Ian told him it was the same piece and Jacob was astounded. He replied with "WOW DAD that must be a world record or something!!" Ian told him no Jacob its not and he said "well almost then!" I cracked up at that one.
It sure was quiet here but it was good for them to be with dad and Owen and I had a great little date night of a Taco Bell pic nic in the living room and I enjoyed a funny romantic comedy movie that I am sure Ian could do without.
I threatened Ian before he left that he better take pictures and there had to be ONE of him and the boys all together. I guess he took the "threat" seriously or maybe he just loves me and wants to make me happy....either way he did!
We all can't wait to go camping again. I think this time with Owen will be SO much more fun. This week though the HUGE excitement is Nana is coming to visit! We have a running countdown and have to say "no not yet" about five times a day.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Father /Son Campout
Posted by Sarah Heller at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment