This week has been a bit out of whack as Jacob has had minimum days every day due to parent/teacher conferences. It has thrown off our routine but its been nice having him home more. Nathan especially has enjoyed it. They have enjoyed playing in the sprinklers and with squirt guns on the hotter days. Riding their scooters and beating up on each other of course.
Yesterday I got to enjoy a "Mother's Day Tea Party" with Nathan at his preschool. He made me a cute invitation and was so excited to "serve" me. Owen enjoyed his cookie too!
Ian had a two day school but the rest of the days has been at his command. He has learned some new information, namely that the schedule has been pushed back another couple of months and hopefully soon a spot for Commissioning will be decided. A few names of places that have popped up are New Orleans and Key West. Always changing with the Navy. Speaking of the Navy today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day. So Happy Day to me!
Jacob is doing good in school. He seems happy and fairly well adjusted. I was happy to have his teacher say she did not need to talk to me about anything that he was doing much better. He will bring home his report card today so I am interested to see what it says. He has been trying to get up the nerve to run the "Miller Mile" which I guess is a large lap around the school. He kept saying he couldn't do it and I kept telling him to just TRY. It does not matter if you are the best you just have to try. So yesterday he was very excited to tell me he DID IT and got this little foot eraser for doing so. He made me something at school for Mother's Day and is DYING for me to see it. He keeps bringing it up. Just a few moments ago randomly said "what I bring you home for Mother's Day...it's going to be in a bag". He makes me laugh because he is SO like me.
Owen is getting so big. I can't believe he will be 18 months next week. Time is just flying by. He lost his precious Monkey the other day. He put it in the diaper bag when we were getting ready to leave so I let him take it and I thought I was watching it good (he likes to throw it) but I guess not and we got home and it was nowhere to be found. Thanks to good old Facebook though he has a new one! I had posted that he lost it and a friend from HS saw and sent me a message saying her girls had the same one and they had recently put it in their donate box and that she would send it to me. We got it in the mail yesterday and the look on Owen's face when I pulled it out of the box was priceless. He hugged him and walked around the house saying "mine mine mine" too cute! He is ornery as ever and talking more every day. Ian told him "good job!" last night and he promptly turned around and said "good job!!" clear as day as he ran upstairs for his bath. He absolutely LOVES the show America's Funniest Home Videos. I think half the time its more fun to watch him. He will fake laugh when other people laugh, clap his hands and has some sort of jibber or comment for each clip. It is quickly becoming our night routine to watch it for the last half hour.
And then you have me. Busy busy with my "men" and would not change it. This dog is still driving me insane. I woke the other morning to more trash. So for now the trash is going away at night and the kennel seems to be working for if I leave during the day. One day at a time. I am working hard at working out and feeling pretty good. It sure makes a difference.
Here are a few pictures from the week:
Pure love and Owen saying "where have you been mo?"
Me and Nate at the Tea Party and a quick snap of Nathan and his class singing songs.
Owen saying CHEEEEEEESE. He kept doing it and it made me laugh so hard I had to take a picture.
Owen loves playing the drums with my metal bowl. This also turns into peekaboo and a hat
New shoes! Jacob and Nathan picked them out. Perfect summer shoes for Owen to be able to run around outside and still get wet.
My sweet little snotty boy!
Friday, May 7, 2010
This Week
Posted by Sarah Heller at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment