Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The new FAVORITE treat in this house is.....

A graham cracker sandwich. Yes you heard right. On Monday night we were getting ready to have FHE (Family Home Evening--our church has set aside Monday nights and encouraged families to spend time together whether it be game night, movie night, a lesson etc. Right now every night is family night in our house but we are trying to make it more "official" on Mondays because we know its going to come quick where the kids are going to be older and out doing things....) So, I had a little lesson on "Agency and making choices" ready for the kids and Ian asks me "so what is for desert?" I had not even begun to go there. I have been trying to not buy extra sweets so I started googling and came across graham cracker sandwiches. At Ian's request I made chocolate frosting instead of vanilla and the boys wanted peanut butter too so they had the frosting on one side and peanut butter on the other. Ian is less than enthusiastic about anything peanut butter so he skipped that but added bananas with his chocolate. YUM! So yesterday for breakfast the boys were begging to have them again but this time with chocolate, peanut butter AND bananas like dad. I laughed but promised them they could have one after school. You better believe as soon as Jacob got in the car he "reminded" me of my promise. I tried half of one myself and I have to say they are YUMMY. So for having no plans and having to pull something out in ten minutes it has turned out to be the daily (okay so about 100 times a day) request. Try it, you may like it!

As for our lesson on Agency and making choices and the consequences/rewards for making the right choices. It went great. Ian and I are totally amazed at the ideas and points that both Jacob and Nathan share with us. Owen is quite the distraction to say the least but overall it was a fun way to end our night.

0 comments: