Yesterday Jacob came out of his class with an envelope and (while smiling) put it behind his back and I asked what it was and he said SUMMER SCHOOL PAPERS! Noooooo don't send me to Summer School AGAIN! I laughed and said okay we can talk about it. He has been recommended to attend. He does not have to do it to pass 1st grade and move on or anything like that but we think it will help him stay strong and gain further help to continue improving. He is up to the standard but still struggles to keep up. The sad part is he is on a year round schedule here. If we were still in Illinois he would be out of school in just a couple more weeks but here they are in session until July 21. Then Summer School will start July 26th, ending August 20th and he will return back to school to start the 2nd grade right after Labor Day. The poor kid is going to get not even three weeks of a summer break. At least he won't be bored right? I called and found out that it is only from 7:40 to 12:05 so when I explained to him it was shorter than his "short day" and that it would be at a different school with more new friends to meet he thought about it for a minute and said "okay mom that sounds good I won't be a baby about going". The things he says makes me laugh. So its decided he is going. I just hope he really has a good time. He deserves it.
Tonight the boys are off on a father/son camp out. Our church is doing it on a big ball field and they are going to watch a movie once the sun goes down. The boys are beyond excited (and I think Ian is too!) Owen and I are going to have some together time and hopefully, fingers crossed he will go to bed on time!
One last little note Nathan is all ready for Kindergarten. He had his iron test, tb test and two shots yesterday and is now all ready to go. Ian got off early enough to take him (Nathan loves having Ian give him a bear hug when he gets his shots) Ian sent me a text picture of Nathan right after all smiles not one tear!
Look for some camping pictures soon. I can't promise how many or how great as "I" won't be there and Ian, well he is not quite as obsessed as I am.
Happy Weekend!
Friday, May 21, 2010
Summer School!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment