I had no idea about this show coming up but you better believe Ian had his sights on going today! I think he heard about it on the radio during his lovely commute. So, he decided rather than go by himself (like I would let him go to one of those shows with a credit card by himself!--ya right! :) we decided the kids would have a blast and it happened to be kid's day today. So we packed up the crew and the entire nursery it seemed and off we went. (I was a little scared Owen was going to have a cow sitting in his carrier and brought along the sling AND the baby bjorn just to be safe. Thankfully he did AWESOME, actually better than his tired brothers)
The show was great. They had this passport where the kids went to each station and saw animals, did activities and got stamps and then they turned in their passport for a little tackle box. They were in heaven! They got to see and pet an Owl, got to hold a big lizard, pet a tortoise and little turtles, pet snakes.....I think that was it. Then they had the bungee cord jumping thingy and they both did that and mastered flipping. They were so proud of themselves.
They had all kinds of boats, atvs etc and they even had the Cost Guard there and they let the boys climb on the boat. They were pretty funny to watch
I let Ian go off and rummage through fishing poles and lewers, etc and took the boys to the Dog Show. They had this dog long jumping contest where they ran and jumped into this indoor pool as far as they could. It kept the boys quite amused for an hour.
Then it was off to look at other exhibits. They had a paintball shooting galley (which of course the boys HAD to try--and loved) and they also had a little indoor trout pond which they also enjoyed until the 5 minutes was up and they had not caught anything. Jacob especially was not thrilled. He got over it quickly though!
All in all it was a fun day. Like I said, Owen did great and even slept a bit. The sling worked out great and I am finding we both love it a lot more now that he can kind of sit up and look out.
It was a fun family day and I am glad we all went together instead of sitting at home as its way too cold to be outside as you can see from just SOME of the icicles that were hanging above our door!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
The Chicago Sport's Show!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
VERY cool!! It looks like the boys had a blast. I loved how you said you wouldn't let him go to something like that with a credit card by himself. LOL! Well, the good thing about having boys, he will always have good company! That means YOU get the credit card to pamper yourself! BTW, you LOOK great! Really!!!
That looks like so much fun! I wish they had something like that around here. Garrett would have loved it.
Post a Comment