Friday, January 30, 2009

Owen's 2 Month Stats



I took Owen up to the base today for his two month check up. I guess you could call it more like a two and a half month check up. He tipped the scales at 11 lb 7 oz and is just over 23" long. He is in about the 50th percentile for weight and about 75th percentile for height and head size. Overall he is healthy as can be. The doctor was impressed that he is already turning from tummy to back often.

It seems that as the days go by he is getting such the little personality. He smiles ALL the time now and is even starting to laugh out loud when tickled. It is still hit or miss but its the highlight of our day to get those laughs. He also LOVES to stand. I struggle to get him to bend to sit:) He is beginning to sleep a bit better. Last night he slept from about 8:30 to 3 and then 3:30 to 6:30 (although making noises the last hour). I know he would have crashed back out too if it had not been for his brothers waking---darn it! :)

So we ended the visit with three shots. FUN! Poor baby. I know he is my third and I should be used to it but having to restrain your child and have them look at you like "how could you let them hurt me" breaks my heart! He cried and then passed out the entire time I went grocery shopping:) He was asleep early tonight so I am scared to see how sleeping will be but TGIF!! at least I know I can get a nap tomorrow!





Ian took this one of him passed out in his chair hugging this bottle




These are of Jacob playing with him while he is in the swing. Everytime he would come forward he would kick Jacob in the chest and Jacob would yelp and Owen just thought it was the best thing ever. Jacob is the best brother and he loves Owen so so much.

2 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

i can't get over how smiley he is--claire was such a serious little baby.

it's so cute to see his older brothers interacting with him. what a nice gang of boys you've got. :)

Sarah Heller said...

Ahh thanks. He really is pretty smiley with US. If you try to get him to smile at someone else he just gives a blank stare as if "ya right mom":) Nathan was our serious one. He would just glare at people until he knew and trusted them. I have the funniest picture of the day Ian returned from a 6 month deployment. He deployed when Nathan was 3 weeks, returning when he was 7 months (in fact he deployed 4 years ago TODAY ---random thought!:) but he is sitting on Ian's lap while Ian is on the computer looking back at him just giving him this look like "who the heck is holding me?" No he is just as friendly and crazy as Jacob but it took forever for him to get that way.

I love Claire! Especially her facial expressions. Ian and I just crack up watching her:) Oh to have a girl....but we are not thinking that even attempting that one is in the future!:)