Friday, January 9, 2009

Me and my snow bear





Yipee for snow days! We got a couple inches early this morning and it was/is supposed to snow off and on until tomorrow supposedly getting a few inches. When I took Jacob to the bus it was coming down and I was praying Ian would get a call before he had to head to work saying "don't come". He got up and shoveled and just as he was leaving the call came! Yea for answered prayers and yea for snow days!

Jacob got home from school and ate and we bundled up the kids to go out and meet Kinley and Kayden to play. I figured I would put Owen in his little outfit (if even just for pictures--I know I torture the poor babe) and we all went out. Owen hated it and lasted just long enough for the pictures and said "hi" to the girls and back inside the two of us came to drink bottles and cuddle while my three "big" boys had a blast in the snow. Its like powder really light so they had a blast "digging for treasure" on the playground equipment and playing with the girls. Ian of course did not take any pictures so I only have the ones of me and Owen I forced him to take:) But Valerie was taking a bunch so hopefully I will get to see some.

One other GREAT thing about today is Owen slept from 10pm to 4am this morning and then went back down from 5 to 7:30. I got some good sleep! Of course now he won't nap more than 20 minutes today and is a crab but I will take it:)

I am so thankful to have an afternoon of us all home safe and warm to spend some time together. Tomorrow is Nathan's birthday! I am in shock a bit that he is already four. Look for some footage of that in the days to come!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Corban wore that and I thought and still think it's adorable. Nevermind Ian! PUH he's a little baby boy and he's a cute little cub too =)

MJ said...

Aww what a cute Snow Bear! Its a great picture of you two! I bet the "big boys" loved playing in the snow. Glad you all had a nice family day! Stay warm & Hope Nathan has a great birthday!!

Life is a Journey said...

Hey, I just sent you an invite to my blog to your email address from facebook. I hope that's the right one. If not, let me know! Wow, i didnt hear about the temple being flooded! thats awful! thanks for letting us know! your little boys are so cute on your blog! love you!

Life is a Journey said...

Hey again! did you know that Owen was born on my Jaxton's birthday? He was born Nov. 18 2006. crazy hu! I thought it was cool when I found out!