Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday JACOB!



Okay so I am two days late blogging this, I know. Just don't tell Jacob:)

I think Jacob had a pretty good birthday. He was happy and that is what matters most.

Nathan I spent some of the time while he was at school making him a big poster for the front window and then we took him and his class pudding cups with whipped cream and sprinkles for a birthday treat at the end of the day. They all seemed to LOVE it so that was nice that it was a hit.

Note that he asked I take his picture like this....

After we got home Valerie and the girls came over with a present and hostess cupcakes and we all sang to him. Then a nice surprise, Daddy was allowed to skip working out and come home since it was his birthday. Ian spent hours and hours trying to figure out what special new bike to get Jacob so he was sooooo excited to give it to him. It was funny Jacob did not even SEE The bike when we put out his other gifts. He saw the transformer box right off and was captivated. You can see on the video. We had a good laugh.



Jacob is still trying to figure out the bike. It is a lot bigger, has hand brakes instead of pedal breaks and so it has a learning curve. Ian and I are shopping around right now. We want to get bikes for us and a trailer for Owen and of course something to transport the bikes off our hitch so that we can start going out as a family. I am dying to go! I need a money tree for sure.

After bike riding and Owen's nap we headed out to Santee (the town we lived in when I got pregnant with Jacob!) and had dinner at Sonic. It was the most beautiful day/night. Almost 75 at the high so it was so nice sitting outside in 70 degree weather. We also met old friends from Ian's last ship and bought some yummy girl scout cookies from their daughter and enjoyed a bit of catching up. I can't wait to take the boys out to their house. They do a lot of 4H stuff and have quite a few animals. Hopefully soon!


After dinner we headed home to have Jacob's requested ice cream cake. Rather than a cake we decided on cupcakes from Coldstone Creamery. They are small and were very good. After all the SUGAR the boys had throughout the day we limited them to just half the cupcake and I think they knew their limits as well because there was not a single complaint (shocking!).


All in all a great day. I just can't believe he is 7. I was thinking this morning that today seven years ago we came home from the hospital. A whole new chapter of my life had begun. I can't imagine my life being any different (although that money tree would be nice!). I am glad birthdays are over for a while here. What were we THINKING having all three kids birthdays within four months and Christmas in the middle? Wait, we weren't thinking thats the problem!!

As a side note a HUGE Happy Birthday to my little sister Christina!!

0 comments: