So this is going to be an all encompassing post of the past couple of days instead of me breaking them up by subject. Call me lazy....
I have been wanting something that I could use to display the boys' artwork and I found this AWESOME blog called Knock Off Wood and saw this cute display she had on there. This blog makes me want to learn to build. First and foremost I want the farm bed and then the recycling center and then a coffee table and nightstands...the list goes on. So we are starting out small and with a piece of board, some clothes pins and some paint we got a cute display for the boys. I added in pictures of the boys with their old primary class (we got a package in the mail from our old Stake President with the pictures and a whole book on Chicago. Man do we miss them!) and some of Jacob's art work. Jacob was awarded yesterday an award for "Being kind to others" and got a certificate, a free personal pizza certificate and a free ice cream cone certificate. He is very proud of himself (as are we) and is driving me batty about the doggone ice cream cone!:) So, this is now proudly displayed as well. Along with the birthday cards he got yesterday in the mail from his old Westbrook Class. Talk about one happy boy!
The whiteboard we got from my mom and dad. It had been sitting in their garage. I am loving it as we are using it for Jacob's homework and for Nathan to write on. So far its a hit and Ian drilled that thing to the studs of the wall so we "think" it is Nathan and Owen proof. It has yet to be hung on so I guess time will tell.
Here are some pictures of some recent projects he has done on George Washington and for Chinese New Year. He is especially proud of his dragon but I love George!!
Then we have Owen. What can you say about this kid. This video shows you how smart he is:) It is a tradition in my house to get squirted in the mouth with whipped cream. It is a fond memory I have of my Grandma Riding. We happen to have whipped cream still from J's birthday and Owen knows where it is and begs for it every time the fridge door is opened. So, I took advantage of this fact so I could show you how smart he is:) He did not mind too much, I promise!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Hodge Podge
Posted by Sarah Heller at 11:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment