Owen is still not feeling well and Jacob was up from 5 on complaining of a stomach ache before he finally spent time on the toilet both with bowel issues (to put it nicely) and throwing up. By 7 he seemed fine but of course I could not send him to school. So we determined it a sick day and Jacob and Nathan proceeded to gather blankets and pillows and spend the next 6 hours or so curled up with their new best friend Netflix:) I figure it was needed. Owen and I in the meantime spent some time with them and some time doing laundry upstairs...well I did laundry and he slowly emptied the playroom of its toys and filled my room with them. It was a day of rest and laughter and very limited yelling which was nice! Daddy came home at 3:30 just as Owen needed to go down and I got to curl up with Ian for a blissful hour in bed. Jacob and Nathan had by then switched to their other best friend xbox 360 for some lego star wars and sonic tennis. Ian then determined it was Pizza night and I got to go for a almost silent, wonderful hour to the library. I even sat and read a People magazine. I am sorry but at this point taking Owen to a library is a JOB! Now the boys are all snuggled in bed, hopefully until after 6 am tomorrow and Ian is snuggled up with his little friend xbox.
As I was checking my favorite blogs I came a cross a post entitled What No Parenting Book Will Ever Tell You. It captured my attention and then my heart as I read what the poster had to say.
Towards the ending the poster says "having children is not only life's question, but life's answer. Children will push you to grow. It is honest, painful work. True, you may lose yourself in bearing children, but in raising them, you find yourself again. And realize you are somehow more. You are smoother in places that used to be rough. And that is good."
I could not agree more. As I sit back and think of this "mundane" sick day we had I am so thankful for days like today. Days where my boys are all together laughing and playing. I think about how thankful I am that even though we are struggling to pay off debt and don't have an abundance of cash flow after meeting all of our monthly bills and necessities we have each other. I can't imagine not being a mom. Is it tiring? YES Is it frustrating? YES but is it rewarding? YES and beyond anything I ever thought it would be.
If you have a moment take a look at the full post. I relate to so much of what she had to say.
Monday, February 8, 2010
I love being a mommy
Posted by Sarah Heller at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I like that quote to. I agree with you Sarah. It is nice having the family together despite everything that goes on in life. I hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment