Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home.....

Growing up in church there was a song we would sing called "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" and the lyrics went like this:

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
and climb upon his knee,
put my arms around his neck,
hug him tight like this,
squeeze his cheeks then give him what?
A great big kiss!

This song often comes into my head when Ian arrives home from work or out running errands. On a normal day Keira (our dog) lets us all know of his arrival long before we realize he is home. As her barking and running for the door starts Owen is quickly on her tail. It is so funny to watch them both shaking with anticipation. On Tuesday Ian had to come home early so that I could go to Jacob's school meeting and I happened to see him drive by and knew this pandemonium was about to begin so I had to grab the camera to capture it. So here are three of the "kids" reactions to daddy's early arrival home:

It melts my heart to see the kids (and dog) SO thrilled to have daddy come home! And makes me thankful for the time he is home now because all too soon this will be far from a daily occurrence. I don't really care to even start to think about that quite yet.

I think I mentioned in my previous post that I am dealing with a stomach flu bug. No bueno to say the least. Ian took Jacob and Nathan out for a bit so Owen and I hung out here at home and I had to take a couple of pictures of my cute cherub of a baby boy. Poor baby has eczema so bad some days. He is still cute though and getting SO talkative! He now will do the signs for please and thank you without you really having to remind him and I would say 75% of the time he will say "pease" and "ta-too" while doing them. He has a proud mommy and daddy. So, don't mind my dishelvedness in the picture. We were having fun goofing around and getting him to actually smile at the camera was about a 1 in 20 picture so I thought I would share.

1 comments:

Eigelmommy said...

Alex gets a kick out of watching your videos of the boys. Benjamin was watching Owen and went "Baby mommy it's a baby and a dog." I think that yu are lucky to have such wonderful boys in your life. I hope that you are doing well.