Can I just say yet again how much I L-O-V-E Craigslist. Yes, there are flakes and yes people want to sell CRAP for a lot of money but if you look and I mean really look you will hit a gold mine! We got our tax return this week and have decided we want to start biking with the boys, so the past week we have been searching for bikes for Ian and I and a trailer for Owen. I am happy to say Ian found me a $250+ bike for $90, him a $450+ bike for $150 and a trailer for Owen which we will pick up tomorrow for $70, it is going on clearance new for $245. YEA! Now we just need helmets for the three of us and a rack to tow them on and we will be set. We are hoping this weekend may work if we can get it all together. I think those are pretty good deals. That is almost a grand worth of stuff for just over $300.
BUT the BEST deal of all is the couch we got. I have wanted to get a full sized sleeper for the play room so that the boys would have something to hang out on when they watch movies or play their video games and so we would have something for guests. I have searched now since we moved in and have found a lot of junk with people asking WAY too much. Another issue is most of the sleepers are queens and its just too big for that room. Finally this weekend I found it. The perfect couch. The ad's pictures looked almost too good to be true and the best part it was for $50 which was my goal from the beginning. I had Ian call and prayed the people were not smokers, which would have broken the deal. To my delight not only did they still have it they were NOT smokers. So off I sent my handy hubby who returned with a couch beyond our imagination. Did I mention its a Lazy Boy? Not a single stain on the entire thing. It puts our couches in the livingroom to shame. Too bad its too small for down here:)
It turns out the guy selling it had a roommate who just up and left owing rent and could not be found so after waiting he is now selling the guy's stuff to get the money owed him. Works for us! After over an hour of hauling and praying we were not going to bust the couch or the door jam (sleeper couches are HEAVY and when you have three landings to turn on not so much fun!) it is finally in the room. More furniture arrangement tomorrow but for now its there. I had to run down here to look the couch up. Ian and I figured it had to be at least a $600 couch. The mattress is totally spotless and has a 2006 tag. I about died when I looked up on Lazy Boy's website and found that the same couch STARTS at $1,399. Are you kidding me!! HOLY SCORE!! So all in all that is approximately $2,500 worth of stuff for $360. I am one happy girl!
Here is a picture of the "boys" new couch. I forsee LOTS of "sleepover" parties.
Okay family and friends you can come visit now! We have a place for you to sleep!
Monday, February 22, 2010
Holy SCORE!!!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would like to make a reservation for after we get orders. : )
That is AWESOME!!! Great find!
Post a Comment