
The top picture is a picture taken right around mine and Ian's first Valentine's Day together in 1998. We were seniors in High School and the yearbook crew asked to take our picture for a page in the yearbook themed Valentine's Day. They did it with a few couples and then asked the question "What Did You Do for Valentine's Day". I don't think I have changed that much but boy does Ian look like a baby!
And here we are last night. Me, no make up, in sweats chasing three crazy boys and Ian cute as ever:) I can't believe yesterday was our 12th Valentine's Day together! What a difference a decade makes!!
We had a fun day yesterday. Ian brought me home the most beautiful flowers on Thursday when I was feeling so yucky.
It has been nice to enjoy them and they still have some life in them. I LOVE fresh flowers. I think just having them in the house lifts my spirits.
I was feeling crafty this week so I made a couple of cute wreaths, one out of burlap and wire and one out of a foam mold and felt. I love the way the felt one turned out but holy cow did it take TIME. I cut out a bunch of hearts for the boys to decorate but Nathan was the only one who ended up having the time to do it. He made each member of our family a heart decorated with the first letter of our name with candy hearts. Because I had so many left over Saturday night Ian and I wrote messages all over the rest of them and taped them all over downstairs, on the doors, windows and left two saying "hi Jacob" and "hi Nathan" taped to the size of the computer monitor (the first place the boys go when they wake up). They thought it was great! Nathan got another package from his beloved preschool Saturday filled with Valentines and a special candy treat from his teachers. He was happy to get the package but cried for about 20 min in his daddy's lap because he so wants to go back. Poor baby. He was much better after his cry and we decorated one door with just some of the valentines he got from his friends. Our house is definitely "heart attacked" at the moment!
I still was not feeling well yesterday so I ended up bringing Owen home early from church. The boys were begging me to buy them chocolate covered strawberries but I knew I could make them cheaper so I did those and then made this homemade Samoa (think girl scout cookies) Bars as Ian's special treat. They turned out delish and thank goodness we shared some with the neighbors but they were WAY labor intensive. Click HERE if you would like to see that recipe along with ones for the other girl scout cookies. I think if I make more thin mints will be what I will be going for!
Owen "helping" me taste test the smallest strawberry. What a hilarious mess!
When the "boys" got home from church this little friend was waiting for them on the porch!
After checking him out and having lunch they hopped back in the jeep and went fishing. Jacob has been begging since we got here to go so since it is his birthday tomorrow he finally got his wish. They came home telling me "mom guess what we caught? NOTHING!" But that is not exactly true. Nathan cast the entire pole into 20 feet of water and Ian somehow managed to fish THAT out. So they did not walk away totally empty handed.
Dinner was YUMMY with a treat of tbone steak (We could not remember the last time we had steak for dinner!) potatoes, bread, asparagus and don't forget that dessert! All in all a great day and then the boys worked it off with pillow fights and wrestling. I am surprised someone did not end up bleeding.
The boys enjoying dessert. Check out Jacob's new tooth!
After the boys crashed Ian and I worked on recovering our dining room chairs until way too late. Half way done! 3 more to go and they look SO awesome.
Today, if I can get Ian out of bed, I think a zoo trip is FINALLY on agenda! YAHOO
Monday, February 15, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 9:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment