What a difference just a week or so can make. Last week I posted that with shock but excitement we were expecting baby number four. Today I am posting to say that is now not a reality. There are so many mixed feelings and emotions. Obviously timing was definitely not the best on this one but I had just gotten to the point where I was starting to be happy about it and then all of a sudden I have to shift gears again? I thought I was okay and doing fine with everything until I went to my OB's office yesterday for an appointment and had to sit in a waiting room full of cute pregnant women. By the time the appointment was over, then getting stuck six times between my Rohgam shot and blood draws that the girl could not get I was pretty much a basket case. I guess all the tears that had been waiting were finally released. I feel a little bit better today I guess. Trying at least:)
When I was seen in the ER on Saturday they sent me to radiology and did an extensive ultrasound there. The doctor then told me there were two empty sacs that were measuring behind a couple of weeks. That it was a case of a "blighted ovum" There is a lot of comfort in knowing that really nothing ever existed. It also helps in the miscarriage process as I take comfort in knowing I am not passing a baby just "stuff". I had a rough night Sunday night and hope that most everything passed. When I was seen yesterday he said that my uterous was still fairly swollen and so he wanted blood work so that he can check my hormone levels and go from there. He planned to call me late today so I guess we will go from there. I am hoping that my body has done and will continue to do what it needs to so that I don't have to have a D&C but we shall see how the cards fall.
For now I am just trying to function. I just am pretty emotionally and physically exhausted. If I could go to bed for a day I would but for anyone that has three kids, and one being a baby at that knows that is laughable.
To top things off Jacob twisted his knee Friday at school and by Sunday it was totally swollen and he was in some real pain. So, off to the ER he and Ian went. Jacob thought the whole visit was a party and thought getting x-rayed was a blast. Ian said it was really quite comical and that all the nurses loved having such a happy patient. They sent him home with a splint and told us to take him to an orthopedist. So, yesterday while I was at my appointment he and Ian went to the doctor. They don't think he has a growth plate fracture or a tear really. They said to baby it for the next week and a half. Ice if needed, use the splint if it helps and then we will see if it heals. If not its MRI time. We really think its a strain/sprain and that it will heal. He seems to be better today although he won't let up on it and wants to run around until he is in tears. Hopefully he can rest it enough that it heals and we can cancel his follow-up appointment but for now it is schedule for June 19th.
That about sums up life around here. Owen is quite unhappy as he has to big bumps on his bottom gums where eventually (sooner rather than later) teeth are coming. He is right now down for his third nap of the day. Hopefully its a long one and he wakes happier:)
I am very greatful for great friends, Valerie who took Nathan while we were at the doctor and then all three of them last night so I could have my breakdown....and then Trudy who brought us dinner. Church is an amazing thing. I have had so many emails and calls from friends and it means a lot. Hopefully in the next day or so I will feel up to responding more. For now I just honestly don't really feel like being social. Give me a few days and I am sure I will start to feel better. For now I just want to know what the status is and get this whole physical part over and done with!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Er Visits...Miscarriages...hurt legs.....LIFE
Posted by Sarah Heller at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love you Sar, I wish I was there to help you in any way that you need.
I so feel your pain just by reading this. I am still sadend by this. I'm still praying for you.
oh noooo. i'm just getting caught up with blogs, and didn't find out til just now. i'm so sorry. you seem to have such a good perspective on things...and i'm glad to hear you have such a positive support system.
Post a Comment