Owen is still not feeling 100%. His two bottom teeth are SO close to cutting through. Ian said he was the happiest kid ever all morning but of course once I came home and the day wore on he began to go down hill. His new favorite thing to do is to sit on the counter while you are prepping food. It makes me nervous but I just make sure I stay within hands reach of him at all times. He loves sitting there trying to get into EVERYTHING. At least he is not crying!
I promised the boys I would let them go out to play. It was SO hot. Owen was miserable by the time we came back in and was quite upset as I was trying to get some bread dough out of the bread machine and into something to continue to rise. I asked Jacob to just talk to him for a few minutes so I could finish and we could head up for baths. Owen got quiet and when I came into the living room I found the two of them, well you can see for yourself. I just stood there and watched for a minute and Jacob looked up and said "what I wanted to make him feel better" (with his huge popsicle covered face grin) :) Poor Jacob was practically grunting trying to keep Owen from flipping off of him. It was adorable and hilarious all in one.
All day they have driven me nuts with whining and not listening and fighting.....etc etc but in that one moment it all just kind of went away and the love I felt for those sweet boys really shined through. I am so thankful for that moment today.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Its the little moments.....
Posted by Sarah Heller at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment