On Friday one of our best friends Heather got married to her new husband Mike. They were married down in Nauvoo so we were unable to attend the wedding but they had a reception last night here locally so we spent the night there dancing and celebrating. We were worried because the reception did not start until 7 but all three boys lasted until 9:45 when we left. Owen passed out on the way home but Jacob and Nathan were still going at 10:20 when we pulled into the driveway. Valerie and Chris and the girls were there too so we had such a fun night enjoying their company. They head out to San Diego Sunday where Chris will check into a new ship and we are going to sure miss them the next few months. Luckily though we will be joining them soon enough. Who would have thought we could get the guys to be able to geographically stick together for another tour!
Jacob is engaged! We are thrilled to announce that Jacob and Kinley are engaged. Are you laughing yet? A little background. About six months ago Valerie watched Jacob and Owen for me while I took Nathan to his preschool at night. While Nathan and I were learning Jacob and Kinley were role playing. Kinley is very much into princesses as every four year old girl should be. So they had watched sleeping beauty or something and then were acting it out. So Kinley pretended to be a princess asleep and Jacob "kissed" her to wake her up. Ever since Jacob has been telling Nathan that he is going to marry Kinley because he kissed her and now he "has to". Valerie and I have had some pretty good laughs over this whole thing but Jacob is as serious as a six year old can be. So, last night Kinley and Jacob decided they will get married. I took Kinley to the bathroom and she very proudly told me "Jacob said I could be his bride when I grow up! I will be grown up when I get to San Diego". I tried hard not to laugh and told her it would be a little bit longer until she was grown up but that was great. Then as we are leaving the bathroom I overhear Jacob tell Nathan "Kinley said she will marry me!". They were so cute and innocent and literally danced the night away. They would watch Heather and Mike dance a certain way and then try to copy it. Needless to say the four of us adults had some great laughs and were very much entertained. At one point Jacob even told Nathan "you can marry Kayden".
Here are a few pictures of our night. Don't mind the red faces and sweatiness it was seriously SO HOT in there. By the end our two families were pow wowing in the halls waiting for the cake to get cut. The kids were done but determined to see eat that cake!
We are so happy for Heather and Mike. Heather looked beautiful in her dress that Owen helped pick out:) (I had the privilege of going with her). We love her so much and are going to miss her when we move!
This was the first time they started to dance. We were in the receiving line waiting to congratulate the bride and groom and the music started and they got right to work dancing. Jacob was trying so hard to get Kinley to slow dance but I think she just wanted to do her ballet moves. So cute!
This was when the fast music started. Talk about hilarious!
Swing music started and I had to laugh when I saw poor Ian being clobbered by Nathan. They do this quite often. Nathan uses Ian's back pockets to climb up his entire body. This looked like he was trying to swing though. We REALLY need to get him in gymnastics when we get back to San Diego. We both really think he could go far. He is so so strong!
Owen hanging out at mommy's feet. I think this was practically the only time he was not held by me and Ian and boy was he a little heater!
Nathan pouting because HE wanted to dance with Heather (again):)
Totally off topic but I don't want to take the time to do another blog...here are two short videos of Owen the past few days.
This one I took originally for my mom so don't mind the references to his Grammy:)
He wants so badly to be able to crawl on his knees but just can't quite get it. He is ALL over though now. Ian said he was chasing the cat this morning:)
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Heather and Mike's Wedding!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment