The boys were in desperate need of haircuts. I really wanted to be lazy and go take them in but at $10 bucks a pop plus tip I just decided to give in and cut it myself. I think they turned out pretty decent. I guess with each time I do it I get a bit better. I really need to invest in good clippers I think that would help. The ones we have have got to be from almost the beginning of our marriage and were probably $20.
Here they are though showing off their summer cuts and their new transformers. They have been begging (and I mean begging) for some and so Ian and I decided it has to be hard having birthdays a month or two after Christmas and going alllll year long waiting. So these are their "happy end of the school year" presents.
On a side note I got Jacob's report cards yesterday. He met both his IEP Goals for Speech YEA! He is doing much better with his s/z sounds and reminds me daily of how he can say it right now!:)
As for his other report card he improved on his listening and participating appropriately in discussions (two VERY hard things for our impulsive boy) and he improved on his using inventive spelling. He still has a really hard time expressing himself in printing. Orally its no probably of course:) His teacher made a very sweet comment "Jacob is an endearing boy who tries hard and wants to do well. Next year I am going to definitely miss his curiosity, the daily hugs and his bright smile! I appreciate all the hard work you do with him at home. I look forward to seeing Jacob in summer school!" His teacher and the school counselor requested that he be put in her summer school class but I got the paperwork last night and he is in with a different teacher. Keep him in your prayers because he has SUCH a hard time with change. It is probably going to be a hard week next week. In all actuality Ian and I think it is better he got put with a different teacher since he was already saying he wanted to stay with Ms. Kemper next year for first grade. Better to get adjusting now! We are proud of both our boys! (And baby O too)
Friday, June 12, 2009
New summer "dos" and transformers too!
Posted by Sarah Heller at 12:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment