I happened upon one of the groups that I lurk on on babycenter.com today and saw a post that one of the other members had passed away. She from what I understand was due to have a little boy in September and got a blood clot and they were unable to save her or her little boy. This just breaks my heart and hits so close to home too close.
At about 32 weeks pregnant with Jacob I knew something was not right. It turned out I had a blood clot in my left leg. Thankfully I listened to my intuition and went into the hospital and they were able to find the clot and start me right away on blood thinners and thankfully it never moved and dissolved and Jacob and I both turned out fine.
It is situations like this though that bring me back to the reality that this could have been me. It could have been Ian who got a call that both me and Jacob were dead. How horrible to think about but how easily it could have happened. I am so very thankful this is not the case and that I am healthy and Jacob is here with us not to mention Nathan and Owen. It makes me sit back and realize that life is a gift and even what it all comes down to is we need to be thankful for the little things.
My prayers are with this girl's husband as he goes through this tough time. I cannot even fathom....
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Thankful
Posted by Sarah Heller at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment